Our Lord has revealed that His Second Coming is at hand (Revelation 1:3); that there will be no time to prepare at His coming (Matt. 25:13); that we need to be prepared by diligent watching (Luke 21:36); and that He will come at a time not known (Matt. 24:37-39, Luke 12:40).
- Let us commit to warning our people of the dangers of complacency while waiting.
- Let us commit to the consistent preaching of the Scriptures relating to His coming.
- Let us commit to exposing any teaching denying the imminent return of Christ (1 Thess. 5:1-2).
- Let us commit to diligence in praying for the lost (Luke 10:2).
- Let us commit to fervency in our evangelistic efforts (Matt. 28:19-20).
The Lord’s sudden return, at the Rapture of the church (1 Thess. 4:13-16), signals the coming completion of the Lord’s redemptive plan (Luke 21:28) when believers will receive their glorified bodies (1 Cor. 15:52-53) and will be forever with their Lord (1 Thess. 4:17).
- Let us commit to keeping these truths before our people.
- Let us remind our people at the time of death of the comfort of the future bodily resurrection (1 Thess. 4:18).
- Let us remind our people in times of persecution, sickness, and despair of the eternal glory that is coming (2 Cor. 4:16-18).
- Let us look forward to His coming with loving anticipation (2 Tim. 4:8; 1 Thess. 1:10).
- Let us, having this hope, be purifying ourselves, even as He is pure (1 John 3:2-3).
- Let us be praying as did the Apostle John: “Even so come Lord Jesus” (Rev. 22:20).
The Lord’s sudden return also signals the beginning of judgments and destruction to come (1 Thess. 5:3) which will finally conclude with eternal hell for all who are not in the Lamb’s Book of Life (Revelation 20:12-15).
- Let us be diligent in spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ (Mark 16:15).
- Let us be warning of the wrath that is to come, calling people to repentance
(1 Thess. 1:10).
We the members of the Ohio Bible Fellowship, meeting at Fayette Bible Church, Washington Court House, Ohio on January 13-14, 2023, adopt this resolution.