Here is this week’s roundup of news from some Ohio Bible Fellowship churches for prayer and encouragement—
Eastside Community Bible Church, Cincinnati, Pastor Nathaniel Pringle
- We had 28 folks, all regulars, on Sunday. I think this is the first time that we’ve had the majority of our regular attenders at the same time!
- We passed our rough inspection and only need to hang and finish the drywall to get final approval and our occupancy permit.
- Please pray for one of the ladies in our church. Thursday will be the one year mark of her husband’s death.
- The Lord is granting a good spirit among the people as we work through decisions and prepare to move into the space. Pray for continued unity and enthusiasm as we transition.
Morrow Bible Church, Pastors Marvin Gassman and Stephen Howard
- We will have holding evangelistic meetings next week with Mark Kittrell preaching. Pastor Kittrell will speak at a Men’s Fellowship breakfast (to be held at Der Dutchman Restaurant, Bellville) and at a youth activity on Saturday, March 15th. Special services will be Sunday-Wednesday, March 16-19. Pray that we would be diligent in inviting lost people to the meetings, that there would be lost people present at the meetings, and that the Lord would use Mark Kittrell’s ministry in our church.
- Praise: Sale of a piece of unneeded electrical equipment for over $3,000. This will be used towards the Program Director’s House.
- Prayer: We’re hosting a work team from Beth Haven Baptist Church (Simpsonville, SC) this week. If you’d like to join them in hanging dry wall, completing the basement of the VanderSchel’s new home, or working on a ceiling project in the lake front cabins, please let us know. We’d be happy to house you and feed you during your stay. To get more information, please contact email@example.com.
Westerville Bible Church, Pastors Paul Hamilton and Mark Perry
- WBC is attempting to launch a new ministry geared to parents and students. We will be offering a free tutoring service with intent to give a clear witness to the parents as their children are receiving academic assistance. Presently we are passing out information cards to local businesses and hope to get permission to post these cards in local schools.
- Graydon Cox has a Bible study with a neighbor family, including a recording for a daughter in Zanesville, met on Sunday, March 2. He also had a Bible class at the Country View Nursing and Rehab Center, near Sunbury, on March 4.
- Roger Vogel holds a Bible study at a condo in Columbus on Tuesdays.
Sermons from March 9, 2014