(Condensed from Pastor John E. Ashbrook’s book by the same name)
- Scripture forbids us to have fellowship with unbelief.
- Scripture commands us to reprove apostasy.
- Scripture teaches us that we must purge unbelief if we can.
- Scripture teaches that believers and unbelievers cannot be yoked together in spiritual endeavor. (II Cor 6:14-18)
- Scripture teaches us to separate from disobedient brethren.
- God’s work done God’s way produces only good results. God’s work done man’s way produces good and bad results.
- Do not affiliate your church with any church, mission, movement or evangelistic effort which does not fully believe the Word of God.
- Do not affiliate your church with any church, mission, movement or evangelistic effort which does not practice biblical separation.
- You cannot preserve a position without crusading for it.
- When in doubt, don’t join.
- Separation is not the answer to every disagreement between brethren.
- The spirit of God has never led one Christian contrary to one word of the Word of God.
- At any given time of church history, God is most severe on those whom he is using at the moment.
For the exposition of these axioms, Order from:
Here I Stand Books